G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Which Case??

The 4th Derivative
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : No
    Male

Which Case?? Empty Which Case??

Post by The 4th Derivative Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:33 pm

I've been meaning to get a case for my Slate and decided to give all the cases on the internet a look-through. I'm torn between a few different options.

1) Which is better: Folio or hardshell open case? I would like to have a cover over the front (folio) but I feel like the case, although it can stand up, would make playing games (like Cordy, Zenonia, GOF, any game with on-screen controls) very difficult. For anyone who has the folio cases, is this an issue? I like the Incipio kickstand case as it does not have the flap that could get in the way like the folios but it does not provide any front protection and I've heard it is very heavy.

2) If the folios are the best option, how do the cases with the three-position stands? It looks a bit awkward having that little flap sitting infront of the slate. I like the rooCASE, MyBat and CaseCrowns as they are cheaper than the folios on TMOs website and seem to be pretty quality.

Any and all input is appreciated!
    Thanks
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Which Case?? Empty Re: Which Case??

Post by deez1234 Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 pm

I personally only have a silicone case with no bells and whistles. If I had to pick a case, it would be something durable and would have to include a kickstand. I also am looking into cases myself but I haven't seen to many appealing ones as of yet. Some of the Folio cases do look pretty decent though. That's just my 2 cents!
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Post by moabizzi Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:11 am

i actually have 2 cases, the incipio leather folio case and the incipio hard/soft case. i think both have theyre ups and downs...

the hard/soft case feels like it can take a beating while protecting everything but the screen, god forbid you drop it or it gets squeezed between some books or anything else that you keep in a bag. but if it falls on the edge and lands on its back, nothing would happen to the g slate.

the leather folio case thing i prefer for when im traveling around with the g slate because it offers screen protection and can take a light beating in a carry on bag, but the only thing that worries me is, if it drops, it might slip out and scratch up the device and gives you that feeling when you hit an unexpected pothole while driving. that gasping cringe No , the other thing i realized was when taking pictures or using the camera/flash on the back, it would feel weird because the flap that covers the screen just hangs there.

ill see if i can posts pics up of it... if im allowed to yet
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Post by moabizzi Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]