G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
deez1234
Reprise
LuckyCook
moabizzi
8 posters

Honeycomb (HC) ROMS or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)?

moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Honeycomb (HC) ROMS or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)? Empty Honeycomb (HC) ROMS or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)?

Post by moabizzi Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:36 am

ive been reading up on all this firmware, OS upgrade stuff and i googled when Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) will be released and it said Q4 of 2011. thats right around the corner, so i was wondering if the devs were just waiting to get the source code for ICS and then release their own versions instead of getting HC source code, which will be outdated soon.

LuckyCook
    LuckyCook
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not yet
    Job/hobbies : Market Reasearcher
    Male Pisces

Honeycomb (HC) ROMS or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)? Empty Re: Honeycomb (HC) ROMS or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)?

Post by LuckyCook Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:54 pm

As far as I know Google never released the AOSP for HC so they never gave developers a chance to build custom Roms. Their thought process was to prevent HC from ending up on phones because it would look like garbage.
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Honeycomb (HC) ROMS or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)? Empty Re: Honeycomb (HC) ROMS or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)?

Post by moabizzi Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:08 am

yeah i understand that, but google should be releasing the HC OS soon because ICS is dropping in the coming months. But i was wondering if devs were gonna jump to ICS instead of HC? so basically i was wondering,is google gonna release ICS AOSP to the devs so they can mod away?
    LuckyCook
    LuckyCook
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not yet
    Job/hobbies : Market Reasearcher
    Male Pisces

Post by LuckyCook Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:20 pm

At Google I/O they said ICS would be open source.
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Post by moabizzi Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:56 pm

ICS has been out for a while now... anyone have any news?
    Reprise
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Reprise Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Dare to dream of ICS on the G-Slate. please LG
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Post by moabizzi Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:16 pm

im done relying on LG for anything, they suck for giving up on this tablet. just gotta rely on Cyanogen and the devs to get this bootloader cracked and have some crazy ICS roms pushed out.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:24 pm

There is work on ICS for the G-Slate being done now. If you would join us on IRC, you may know this. There have been many breakthroughs! Clockwork Recovery - Check Unlocked Bootloader - CHECK! ICS - In the works! And no, it isn't cyanogen who is helping with any of this, lol. Our Devs on G-Slate IRC such as ChiefzReloaded, Faye, and dasunsrule32 have been pushing this stuff for a long time. We are pushing towards CM9, but like i said before, the CM team is in no way responsible for any of this. I think they have steered clear of this device just like most other devs. In time, most of these things will be posted so look out for them in the very near future. CWR was posted on this forum just the other day. If you need more info, you can follow this link to our project page: http://code.google.com/p/lg-v909/
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Post by moabizzi Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:44 pm

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE, FINALLYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Im not a dev by any means, just know really simple stuff (stuff that makes the Overrated Inc fan boys oooo and ahhhh and regret their decision), but if you guys need someone to test it out, let me know.
    Buck Shot
    Buck Shot
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Buck Shot Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Extremely pumped up about the recent work. Im just waiting to flash something. Ill def test for devs if needed. Ill have $50 donation to the team who gives us a stable ICS
    CXENTE
    CXENTE
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : hell yesss
    Job/hobbies : CNC PROGRAMER/MACHINIST... HACKING THINGS
    Male Pisces

Post by CXENTE Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Buck Shot wrote:Extremely pumped up about the recent work. Im just waiting to flash something. Ill def test for devs if needed. Ill have $50 donation to the team who gives us a stable ICS

I also have $50 to donate , towards a stable ics rom :-)
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Post by moabizzi Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:10 pm

i was wondering how far the devs have gotten with it. i havent been able to jump on the IRC thing to follow along.... studying for an exam that determines my life right now. thanks for any info in advnace.
    Buck Shot
    Buck Shot
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Buck Shot Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:52 pm

can someone link me to IRC
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:43 pm

The server is Freenode and the channel is #g-slate.
    musheercmr
    n00b
    n00b

Post by musheercmr Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:10 am

Hi Gents,

Anyone have honeycomb 3.1 (or 3.2…) stock ROM for LG V-900 (Optimus PAD). Or any working custom ROM?

Till now I didn’t get any single update from LG Sad . LG V-900 was my wrong decision Embarassed

Regards
    Musheer
    skater4690
    n00b
    n00b

Post by skater4690 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 pm

musheercmr wrote:Hi Gents,

Anyone have honeycomb 3.1 (or 3.2…) stock ROM for LG V-900 (Optimus PAD). Or any working custom ROM?

Till now I didn’t get any single update from LG Sad . LG V-900 was my wrong decision Embarassed

Regards
    Musheer

Cheifzreloaded has ics booting up on his gslate last i read i get home internet wednesday so im definately gonna start playing around with the gslates system more
    musheercmr
    n00b
    n00b

Post by musheercmr Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:21 am

Can anyone provide 3.1 or 3.2 stock ROM link or any custom ROM link to download. so i can flash manually. Sad Sad Sad Sad Embarassed Embarassed
    skater4690
    n00b
    n00b

Post by skater4690 Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:41 am

musheercmr wrote:Can anyone provide 3.1 or 3.2 stock ROM link or any custom ROM link to download. so i can flash manually. Sad Sad Sad Sad Embarassed Embarassed

im working on deodexing the stock rom and making it a cwm flashable if you give me some time ill have it up hopefully by the end of the week. at&t is installing internet wednesday and im tethering through my nexus s right now so i dont wanna rape my data by uploading a huge file

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 am