G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Hi, my name's David and I'm a G33K

DavidR
    n00b
    n00b

Hi, my name's David and I'm a G33K Empty Hi, my name's David and I'm a G33K

Post by DavidR Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:04 am

Worked in IT for 20 years so far. I'm a big Android fan. I'm thinking about picking up a G-Slate this Saturday (24 Sep 11) when TMo has that sale they're having.

I am concerned about the locked bootloader, and frankly I'm wondering if this device has a future?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Hi, my name's David and I'm a G33K Empty Re: Hi, my name's David and I'm a G33K

Post by Admin Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Hello David, and welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry too much about the bootloader being locked. Once the Honeycomb source code is released they may unlock it again.
    DavidR
    n00b
    n00b

Post by DavidR Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:30 am

Admin wrote:Hello David, and welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry too much about the bootloader being locked. Once the Honeycomb source code is released they may unlock it again.
    Thanks for the reply.

It's not just about the boot loader being locked though. It's about all the other stuff disabled in the kernel, like Google Talk. I'm extremely disappointed to see this degree of restriction in an open source OS.

I'm on the fence though. T-Mobile has the G-Slate on sale for $100 (after $200 MIR) this Saturday (Sept. 24th) ONLY. I'm tempted to get one since I'm getting a new device of some sort this Saturday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:27 am