G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Locked Tablet cause by attempting to setup security pin number lock.

chevy383surfing
    chevy383surfing
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : CAD, criminal justice, sport bikes, surfing, and most of all; hacking every android device I can get my hands on.
    Male Pisces

Locked Tablet cause by attempting to setup security pin number lock. Empty Locked Tablet cause by attempting to setup security pin number lock.

Post by chevy383surfing Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:44 am

My tablet has locked up at the lock screen, with no way of accessing anything. Only thing that can be done is just power it down. I am rooted and unlocked bootloader before this happened with 3.1 update. Me and my silliness decides it would be a fantastic idea to setup security lock, enter pin at unlock screen type of setup. As soon as I thought I had it set up with a pin, little did I know that when I turned off the screen and locked it I attempted to open it back up. Then I get this message:Please see User Guide or contact Customer Care. on the lock screen. It has me completely locked out. I don't even have the security pin pad showing up. It just disappears.

Now I tried restoring a back up in recovery. I can access recovery through fastboot. No-go. Then I tried resetting and reformatting the system. That didn't get me anywhere. Then I went ahead and rooted it again and unlocked the bootloader again. After that I was automatically updated back to 3.1. This is the time I realized that there is no procedure for resetting, or relocking the bootloader and unrooting the tablet that I know of. I don't think ChiefzReloaded at XDA has come up with one yet. So, I have a rooted and unlocked tablet that I can not unlock at startup. My last idea for the evening is going to T-Mobile tomorrow morning. I know a couple of guys and girls the work there. I am going to see if I can just get them to swap it out for another. But I think we all no they they are going to say no. So really, I don't know what to do. Run over it with my 4Runner and claim insurance on it? Besides, I have been paying for insurance for every phone I've ever owned in the last 6 years with T-Mobile, and my tablet is insured too.

Does anyone have any ideas that you'd like to share before I go to extremes. My blood is boiling right now. I am afraid I might actually run over it!
    glberg
    n00b
    n00b

Locked Tablet cause by attempting to setup security pin number lock. Empty Re: Locked Tablet cause by attempting to setup security pin number lock.

Post by glberg Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:10 am

Have you tried this yet?
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/9764-cr-downgraderunbricker-31-to-301/
    It'll take you back to square one. In my experience it worked best under ubuntu.
    Noob that I am.
    chevy383surfing
    chevy383surfing
    n00b
    n00b

Job/hobbies : CAD, criminal justice, sport bikes, surfing, and most of all; hacking every android device I can get my hands on.
    Male Pisces

Locked Tablet cause by attempting to setup security pin number lock. Empty Re: Locked Tablet cause by attempting to setup security pin number lock.

Post by chevy383surfing Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:19 pm

glberg wrote:Have you tried this yet?
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/9764-cr-downgraderunbricker-31-to-301/
    It'll take you back to square one. In my experience it worked best under ubuntu.
    Noob that I am.

I did not know C.R. had that available. I appreciate the link!

Thank you.
    chevy383surfing
    chevy383surfing
    n00b
    n00b

Male Pisces

Post by chevy383surfing Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:15 pm

I don't quite understand what I am supposed to do here. ' Put the slate into nvflash mode and connect the USB cable. Either run the sh or open it and then copy and paste the full string cmd in the terminal.'

Can anyone enlighten me?
    chevy383surfing
    chevy383surfing
    n00b
    n00b

Male Pisces

Post by chevy383surfing Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:00 pm

chevy383surfing wrote:I don't quite understand what I am supposed to do here. ' Put the slate into nvflash mode and connect the USB cable. Either run the sh or open it and then copy and paste the full string cmd in the terminal.'

Can anyone enlighten me?

It was a bad sim card.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Yeah sorry I didn't see this thread before, I was gonna say that sounds like a bad SIM card, especially if you restored the backup in recovery and it still did it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am