G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Greetings!

Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Rooted? : Ha!
    Job/hobbies : www.kingdomofloathing.com
    Female

Greetings! Empty Greetings!

Post by Bete Noire Sat May 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Hello!

I have had my G-Slate for over a week now and I am really enjoying it. I am angst-y about how little hype and/or information seems to be out there.

This is my first tablet and I am a pretty basic user - clueless about rooting and whatnot - but I do enjoy hearing about the adventures of others in the more technical/development world.

So, thank you Admin (Bling Bling?) for creating this place. I will be sure to share this place as I hop around looking for information.

Cheers!

- Bete
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Greetings! Empty Re: Greetings!

Post by Admin Sat May 07, 2011 5:09 pm

No problem. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy. If you ever get adventurous and decide to root, just let one of us know and we'll try and help you through it as best we can.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Sat May 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Greetings! Enjoy your stay and we appreciate you being part of the community.
    Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Female

Post by Bete Noire Sat May 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks!

And I just noticed the description of this section - "clubbing baby seals" - ha!

Do I detect another KoLer, or just a quick click on my sig?
    carsenj
    carsenj
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : You know the kind of guy that apparently is only funny to himself.
    Job/hobbies : IT, Cars, Tech
    Male Virgo

Post by carsenj Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 am

Howdy. I've had my Slate for about 2 weeks now and so far I am loving it. I wish more apps were optimized already but that will come with time. I would call my self a power user as far as modding and what not but when it comes to rooting no idea. I follow directions and get a positive result but my knowledge of ADB is pretty limited. Looking to expand it though.

Pretty bummed that there is little hype over this hardware especially seeing the XOOM everywhere and it's a far inferior piece of hardware. Really hope it catches on more and XDA eventually gives us a forum. Yet until then We can congregate here. Looks like a cozy place to chill. Thanks goes out to the Admin.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Tue May 10, 2011 2:17 pm

carsenj wrote:Howdy. I've had my Slate for about 2 weeks now and so far I am loving it. I wish more apps were optimized already but that will come with time. I would call my self a power user as far as modding and what not but when it comes to rooting no idea. I follow directions and get a positive result but my knowledge of ADB is pretty limited. Looking to expand it though.

Pretty bummed that there is little hype over this hardware especially seeing the XOOM everywhere and it's a far inferior piece of hardware. Really hope it catches on more and XDA eventually gives us a forum. Yet until then We can congregate here. Looks like a cozy place to chill. Thanks goes out to the Admin.

Welcome!

The good news is, if u ever want to root, adb shell is not involved in the g-slate rooting process. And we can help u thru it.
    carsenj
    carsenj
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : You know the kind of guy that apparently is only funny to himself.
    Job/hobbies : IT, Cars, Tech
    Male Virgo

Post by carsenj Wed May 11, 2011 4:14 am

At this point in time Root really does nothing for me though right. No one has unlocked the bootloader so we can get a recovery loaded and fastboot? As far as ADB I'm always looking for new things to learn. After having to use it to root my G2 it got me pretty interested in what it can and can't do.
    roadstar99
    roadstar99
    n00b
    n00b

Post by roadstar99 Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Hey everyone... I to am I G-Slate owner... had it for about 2 weeks now... I love it. I had the Tab and I really like the HDMI out on this without the need for a dock. They clarity and brilliance from the screen is outstanding and I find Honeycomb pretty slick so far. I am hoping that this awesome device gets some legs in the tablet world and the buzz starts. Thank you for starting this forum...
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Fri May 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks for joining. We appreciate any new members as we are slowly but surely expanding. Hopefully you find this forum useful for your needs. Enjoy your stay!
    Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Female

Post by Bete Noire Fri May 13, 2011 5:08 pm

*waves*

Sponsored content