G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Google Talk using 4G!!!

12Gage
    12Gage
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : No
    Male

Google Talk using 4G!!! Empty Google Talk using 4G!!!

Post by 12Gage Mon May 16, 2011 12:58 am

I know that the Honeycomb version of Google Talk is capable of making calls over 3G/4G. My friend has a Xoom, and he is able to call over 3G with Google Talk. But on the G-Slate, when you try to make a call it gives this B.S. message: "You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to start a video/voice chat".

There has to be a way to get around this. Google Talk in Honeycomb is AWESOME! But it's completely lame not being able to receive calls on the go. Especially when Xoom owners can! Its crap that I have to tether it to my Nexus One's 3G signal to make the calls when I am paying for 4G data on the G-Slate!

I am wondering if anybody who rooted the Slate was able to get around this. Or better yet, a way without rooting! Either way, I know the community won't put up with this injustice! Evil or Very Mad
    GSL
    GSL
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not Yet..
    Job/hobbies : Lab Tech
    Male Libra

Google Talk using 4G!!! Empty Re: Google Talk using 4G!!!

Post by GSL Sat May 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey 12 Gage, I feel your pain! It is beyond frustrating paying for two data plans, but not having full access to all features of the G slate! T mobile tried their best to totally gimp the 4g features..

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 am