G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
hesleskaug
chu
Faagmer
pete338
GSL
Admin
Reprise
11 posters

[Unlocking] SIM Unlocked on G-Slate

Reprise
    n00b
    n00b

[Unlocking] SIM Unlocked on G-Slate Empty [Unlocking] SIM Unlocked on G-Slate

Post by Reprise Mon May 16, 2011 10:29 am

So I am up here in the Great White North (Canada) with my G-Slate now unlocked and working on Wind Mobile here.

I was able to get the unlock code form a UK web site called http://sim-unlock.net/
    It was 10 Pounds but totally worth it. Not endorsing the web site just the one that had the G-Slate listed first.
    The SIM unlocked G-Slate worked first on the Edge network of Rogers and the HSPA Wind network.

I am using a Wind data stick SIM card with unlimited data (6gig fair use). $29 a month no contract.
    Wind is moving to HSPA+ sometime and this will slide over to that with no problem. I am also using Google Voice for SMS on the G-Slate and it is a great solution to make this device way more functional.

Can't wait to get a solid windows friendly Root method for our perfectly sized G-Slate.

Nice Forum Everyone. Who needs XDA?

Cheers from the Bid Smoke.

ps. Look out for more Canadians soon as Rogers (aka Robbers) is releasing the Optimus Pad this month.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

[Unlocking] SIM Unlocked on G-Slate Empty Re: [Unlocking] SIM Unlocked on G-Slate

Post by Admin Mon May 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Welcome...$29 for 6gigs and no contract? Not bad.
    GSL
    GSL
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not Yet..
    Job/hobbies : Lab Tech
    Male Libra

[Unlocking] SIM Unlocked on G-Slate Empty Re: [Unlocking] SIM Unlocked on G-Slate

Post by GSL Sat May 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Wow.. I might look into buying that sim unlock, if I can find better pre-pay data than what Tmo offers. Thanks!
    pete338
    n00b
    n00b

Post by pete338 Fri May 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Reprise wrote:So I am up here in the Great White North (Canada) with my G-Slate now unlocked and working on Wind Mobile here.

I was able to get the unlock code form a UK web site called http://sim-unlock.net/
    It was 10 Pounds but totally worth it. Not endorsing the web site just the one that had the G-Slate listed first.
    The SIM unlocked G-Slate worked first on the Edge network of Rogers and the HSPA Wind network.

I am using a Wind data stick SIM card with unlimited data (6gig fair use). $29 a month no contract.
    Wind is moving to HSPA+ sometime and this will slide over to that with no problem. I am also using Google Voice for SMS on the G-Slate and it is a great solution to make this device way more functional.

Can't wait to get a solid windows friendly Root method for our perfectly sized G-Slate.

Nice Forum Everyone. Who needs XDA?

Cheers from the Bid Smoke.

ps. Look out for more Canadians soon as Rogers (aka Robbers) is releasing the Optimus Pad this month.

Hi,
    I bought the unlock code for my docomo lg slate..But I cannot find the keypad to input the codes..Any advice is appreciated..Thanks..
    Faagmer
    Faagmer
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not yet
    Job/hobbies : Fido in store sales rep/Tech geek
    Male Aries

Post by Faagmer Sat May 28, 2011 12:50 pm

pete338 wrote:
    Hi,
    I bought the unlock code for my docomo lg slate..But I cannot find the keypad to input the codes..Any advice is appreciated..Thanks..

When you put in a non-compatible SIM card it asks automatically for the unlock code. So you just have to put in a SIM card that's not from your provider.
    pete338
    n00b
    n00b

Post by pete338 Sun May 29, 2011 4:53 am

Faagmer wrote:
    pete338 wrote:
    Hi,

When you put in a non-compatible SIM card it asks automatically for the unlock code. So you just have to put in a SIM card that's not from your provider.

Thanks..when I put in the sim nothing happens..no prompts..only the error code "insert sim card" is not displayed anymore..
    Probably the Docomo set are different?
    Anybody has any success in unlocking the docomo lg slate?
    Faagmer
    Faagmer
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not yet
    Job/hobbies : Fido in store sales rep/Tech geek
    Male Aries

Post by Faagmer Sun May 29, 2011 4:01 pm

pete338 wrote:
    Faagmer wrote:
    pete338 wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks..when I put in the sim nothing happens..no prompts..only the error code "insert sim card" is not displayed anymore..

Is there a possibility that it's already unlocked?
    Reprise
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Reprise Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm

pete338 wrote:
    Faagmer wrote:
    pete338 wrote:
    Hi,

Try hitting the Reset Button with a paperclip with a Non Docomo SIM inserted.. It also may be unlocked already if nothing comes up.
    pete338
    n00b
    n00b

Post by pete338 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:49 am

Reprise wrote:
    pete338 wrote:
    Faagmer wrote:
    pete338 wrote:
    Hi,

Try hitting the Reset Button with a paperclip with a Non Docomo SIM inserted.. It also may be unlocked already if nothing comes up.

Thanks, tried this but still can't see the unlocked menu..
    Tried setting the carrier APN but still not successful..Probably the docomo G slates works differently?
    Anybody who has unlocked a docomo set care to advise?
    Thanks...Smile
    chu
    n00b
    n00b

Post by chu Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Pete338 , you can use laucherpro ( in android market , free ) to unlock Docomo L-06 c ( optimus pad ) .First you press home button chose LaucherPro , then long press on the screen , chose shortcut>activities>hidden menu > SIM unlock test , enter your code , done
    chu
    n00b
    n00b

Post by chu Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:15 am

Pete338 , you can use laucherpro ( in android market , free ) to unlock Docomo L-06 c ( optimus pad ) .First you remove sim from the tablet, then press home button , chose LaucherPro , then long press on the screen , chose shortcut>activities>hidden menu > SIM unlock test , enter your code , done .
    pete338
    n00b
    n00b

Post by pete338 Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:51 pm

chu wrote:Pete338 , you can use laucherpro ( in android market , free ) to unlock Docomo L-06 c ( optimus pad ) .First you remove sim from the tablet, then press home button , chose LaucherPro , then long press on the screen , chose shortcut>activities>hidden menu > SIM unlock test , enter your code , done .
    Thanks...:)but presently my slate is stuck in the bootloop after the updates.
    hesleskaug
    n00b
    n00b

Post by hesleskaug Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:11 am

I have this same problem on my LG Optimus Pad (LG-V909). I bought the pad from USA. I live in Norway, I have unlocked the sim. But still no network. I have also Rooted the device. I know the simcard is working. But it's a no go on the pad.

Any suggestions?
    sperry85
    n00b
    n00b

Post by sperry85 Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:44 pm

What type of network does your provider use? Is the band supported by the tablet?

On the same subject, in the US would you be limited to att and tmo networks, or would an LTE network work as well?
    Timelord83
    Timelord83
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Timelord83 Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:55 am

Hello g-slate owners.. so i am not a g-slate owner and i am not even a tmobile customer.. i am dreaded ATT guy.. ohh noes.. anyways to the point

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3835&idPhone2=3898

shows my current tab the Acer having the same 2g and 3g freqs as the G-slate... can anyone confirm that the G-slate runs on the listed freqs? and i know technically the acer is 4g but my area doesn't have 4g and won't likely get it till long after the rest of the country is past it
    Jayemko
    Jayemko
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Yep
    Job/hobbies : Web/Software Developer
    Male

Post by Jayemko Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Timelord83 wrote:Hello g-slate owners.. so i am not a g-slate owner and i am not even a tmobile customer.. i am dreaded ATT guy.. ohh noes.. anyways to the point

shows my current tab the Acer having the same 2g and 3g freqs as the G-slate... can anyone confirm that the G-slate runs on the listed freqs? and i know technically the acer is 4g but my area doesn't have 4g and won't likely get it till long after the rest of the country is past it

If you don't have AT&Ts "4g" in your area, then I wouldn't worry about the frequencies, the G-Slate will work on AT&T as they are both GSM. Worst-case scenario, it runs at 2g speeds.

If you're an ATT guy, you're obviously not signing up for a 2 year with TMo but buying the G-Slate outright, right? (retail, craigslist, etc). If you have TMobile coverage in your area, get SimpleMobile (MVNO using TMo's high-speed network). Contract free, for probably same or less than you'd pay at AT&T for a broadband plan.

Or just Wifi-tether. Either way, I wouldn't lose sleep over the 2g vs 3g/4g frequency thing.
    Timelord83
    Timelord83
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Timelord83 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Jayemko wrote:
    Timelord83 wrote:Hello g-slate owners.. so i am not a g-slate owner and i am not even a tmobile customer.. i am dreaded ATT guy.. ohh noes.. anyways to the point

If you don't have AT&Ts "4g" in your area, then I wouldn't worry about the frequencies, the G-Slate will work on AT&T as they are both GSM. Worst-case scenario, it runs at 2g speeds.

If you're an ATT guy, you're obviously not signing up for a 2 year with TMo but buying the G-Slate outright, right? (retail, craigslist, etc). If you have TMobile coverage in your area, get SimpleMobile (MVNO using TMo's high-speed network). Contract free, for probably same or less than you'd pay at AT&T for a broadband plan.

Or just Wifi-tether. Either way, I wouldn't lose sleep over the 2g vs 3g/4g frequency thing.
    If the g-slate did work I would be purchasing it outright. And I'd prob still use my att sim for unlimited data as its grandfathered and I'd hate to loose it as verizon is my only other real carried option where I work/live. But ill have to find a test bunny with one I can unlock for them and try my sim in. Thanks for ball the info
    CXENTE
    CXENTE
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : hell yesss
    Job/hobbies : CNC PROGRAMER/MACHINIST... HACKING THINGS
    Male Pisces

Post by CXENTE Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:08 am

How can can I get the 3G HSPA+ to work on g slate? I have it on 2G ?[img][/img]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 am