G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

G-Slate coming to Rogers Canada as Optimus Pad

deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

G-Slate coming to Rogers Canada as Optimus Pad Empty G-Slate coming to Rogers Canada as Optimus Pad

Post by deez1234 Wed May 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Link

I suspect this will bring more attention to the "G-Slate". Nice price too!
    Taz
    Taz
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : Gov't contractor
    Male Libra

G-Slate coming to Rogers Canada as Optimus Pad Empty Re: G-Slate coming to Rogers Canada as Optimus Pad

Post by Taz Wed May 18, 2011 7:50 pm

That's a good thing. The more the merrier. It's crazy this thing isn't getting more attention. It could be the whole can't get into the recovery issue.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

G-Slate coming to Rogers Canada as Optimus Pad Empty Re: G-Slate coming to Rogers Canada as Optimus Pad

Post by deez1234 Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 pm

The fact of the matter is that none of the carriers are really marketing our device and it's being severely overlooked. That explains why there are almost no devs for the Slate. It has been bothering me since I got the thing. The more carriers that support the device though the better chance we have of ramping up development.
    G-Yoshi
    G-Yoshi
    standard member
    standard member

Rooted? : When i fig
    Job/hobbies : Student at South University
    Male Gemini

Post by G-Yoshi Wed May 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Cool, I had a lot of friends from Toronto asking me if it was coming out in Canada when I posted pics on my face book. Ill let them know..
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Bring on the Canadians...maybe our neighbors from the North can give us some insight.
    Faagmer
    Faagmer
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not yet
    Job/hobbies : Fido in store sales rep/Tech geek
    Male Aries

Post by Faagmer Mon May 23, 2011 2:14 pm

For the ones that are interested, I got an Optimus Pad (aka G-Slate for you southerners Razz) last week. The contents in-box appear to be different from what I hear. For example, I didn't get any 3D glasses with my tablet Sad

However! I did get an HDMI cable included. In box I had the power adapter, USB cable, USB female to micro USB male adapter and the HDMI cable.

Loving my tablet so far, but I won't lie that it wasn't my intended tablet. I, like many others, hadn't even heard of the thing until it was made available to me as a sales rep. I had originally ordered a Playbook and after a month of waiting, decided to just go for the readily available Optimus Pad (and with only a 15$ difference, why shouldn't I? xD) And I will honestly say that I haven't regretted my purchase one bit and it's just making me want to switch to an Android phone even more then I already wanted. (Gonna have to save my money to get the Xperia Play. Totally hope that I'll get an employee pricing xD)

But yeah! Totally loving it, but there's barely any publicity for it. Haven't seen any except the Rogers website actually and even that's pretty limited.

Anyway! Just thought you guys would like to know what I, as a Canadian, had to say eh. Razz
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Mon May 23, 2011 3:12 pm

It's great to hear you are enjoying it. It really grows on you that's for sure. We are glad that you decided to join.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am