G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

SyncSMS - True Texting from your Tablet!

deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

SyncSMS - True Texting from your Tablet! Empty SyncSMS - True Texting from your Tablet!

Post by deez1234 Sat May 21, 2011 10:45 pm

I recently installed this app and it is the best text messaging app for the G-Slate i've found so far. It syncs your messages with Dropbox then sends the message through your existing phone number on your primary Android phone. You are able to see any text messages received on your Android phone as well as your sent messages.

SyncSMS lets you sync your text messages between your Android phone and 3G or WiFi-only Android tablet. This app lets you receive text messages on your tablet which have been received by or sent from your phone. Also, this app lets you compose text messages on your tablet which will be copied to your phone and sent out by your phone. You will need to sign up for a free Dropbox account, if you don't already have one, in order to temporarily store the messages between syncs.

For more info here is the market link....

SyncSMS
    Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Rooted? : Ha!
    Job/hobbies : www.kingdomofloathing.com
    Female

SyncSMS - True Texting from your Tablet! Empty Re: SyncSMS - True Texting from your Tablet!

Post by Bete Noire Sat May 21, 2011 11:10 pm

I really like this app as well! Been using it for weeks and it hasn't let me down.

Thanks for sharing!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

SyncSMS - True Texting from your Tablet! Empty Re: SyncSMS - True Texting from your Tablet!

Post by Admin Sun May 22, 2011 11:16 am

Better than Google Voice?
    Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Rooted? : Ha!
    Job/hobbies : www.kingdomofloathing.com
    Female

Post by Bete Noire Sun May 22, 2011 12:13 pm

For me, Google Voice has been problematic. I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but I have not be able to get it to fully work. At some point it was relaying everything to and from my G2 but that got lost somehow and now, while I can initiate a text on my slate via GV, it does not relay messages to and from my G2 NOT initiated from the my slate. Something wonky with the GV setup that I just can't seem to suss out.

Syncsms, on the other hand, has worked perfectly from day one.

ETA: That is to say, Syncsms treats my G-Slate & G2 like they are the same device. I get all texts from either device on both devices, regardless of where the text started/came from.

Between the GV phone number, my G2 phone number, and the number assigned to the G-Slate, I am certain there is something wrong with my set-up with GV on my G-Slate - but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. :/
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Sun May 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Bling I find it much more convenient than google voice. It's really worth buying if you want your tablet to be synced via you primary Android phone. Any message you get on your primary phone will come to your tab and you can send out messages right through the app on your tablet! it's so worth it.
    Nomad
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Nomad Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks for posting this. I just checked it out and I am happy with it.

The one thing it doesn't do is allow you to have multiple "tablet" devices. I typically carry 5-6 phones and 2 tablets on me when I travel (3 phones in my pocket every day + a G-slate) and I was hoping that I could pick up any of them to send/receive SMS. You can send, but the first tablet device to pick up the message deletes the file off the dropbox server.

Other than that - it does allow you to send / receive from the g-slate, which is great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am