G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
rostol
atomboy
rotaryxperiment7
deez1234
8 posters

[Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel Beta

deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

[Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel Beta Empty [Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel Beta

Post by deez1234 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:31 am

All credit goes to ChiefzReloaded, as I am copying him word for word below. Our IRC channel has been quite active lately and ChiefzReloaded and ^Faye^ have been working like crazy to produce these wonderful kernels. They have done for the community what no others would step up and even try. Everyone please thank them for their awesome work and feel free to join us on IRC to keep up with development, and our sometimes ridiculous chats! Razz The G-Slate is finally on its way to becoming what we want it to be. Now if you want speed, various options, and USB host support, then look below for the download link. I will quickly go over the method of installation for this kernel.

1.) Shut down your G-Slate.
    2.) Now boot into "fastboot" mode by holding Volume Up + Power.
    3.) Place the .img file in the same directory as "fastboot".
    4.) "CD" to your "fastboot" directory in Command Prompt/Terminal.
    5.) Now type "fastboot flash boot CRF-Bawse-OC-UV-CFQ-DL-NEON-CIFS-Beta.img"
    If using linux make sure to add a "./" to the beginning of your commands.
    6.) Time to test, so type "fastboot reboot"
    7.) ENJOY!

[Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel is now in beta Smile

Hey, well, for those who choose not to join us on #g-slate on IRC are a bit behind but I have decided to take this out of Alpha as it seems performance is good, features are working and things are moving along Nicely. This is a team effort between myself and ^Faye^ on IRC (hence the name "CRF-Team") with most testing done by ourselves and Innerspace. So enough with the chat lets get on to business!! Wink

Kernel is OC'd to 1.5 Ghz by default with the conservative governor stock. Added was deadline and CFQ I/O schedulers with CFQ default, NEON (which Tegra doesn't support by default but the work around will be included), CIFS, USB automount support (meaning you can plug in flash drives, card readers, HDDs, USB keyboards, bluetooth adapters etc (which have all been tested) adb support is embedded so you can plug your android device into the slate and use the slate as you would your PC to adb the externally connected device... Probably more and when I remember I will revise this thread.... Its late and I have an early day tomorrow so I gotta crash but have fun and let me know how things go.... CR

Oh, and for any who want it the src is public and on my github which the link is in my sig. (I'm GPL compliant Razz )

DOWNLOAD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    rotaryxperiment7
    n00b
    n00b

[Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel Beta Empty Re: [Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel Beta

Post by rotaryxperiment7 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Woot awesome, how do i add that line of code for usb automount?
    atomboy
    atomboy
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : HHMM Let m

[Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel Beta Empty Any one try it yet

Post by atomboy Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 am

Has anyone try this yet..
    rostol
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : yup :]
    Male Capricorn

[Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel Beta Empty Re: [Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel Beta

Post by rostol Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I need help, maybe becasue i'm kinda new at this...

After rooting (thru vmware fusion cos there is no nvflash for OSX) i am trying to do this.

In Terminal i get:
    Code:

sh-3.2# ./fastboot-mac flash boot CRF-Bawse-OC-UV-CFQ-DL-NEON-CIFS-Beta.img
    sending 'boot' (3346 KB)... FAILED (remote: (00030003))

An the screeen shows:
    Starting Fastboot USB download protocol
    The set has been LOCKED !!!
    Failed to process command download:00344800 error(0x30003)

Any tips ?
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Did you unlock the bootloader by typing
    Code:
    ./fastboot oem unlock
    rostol
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : yup :]
    Male Capricorn

Post by rostol Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Hehehe obviously not.

Thanks for the fast reply... will try it right now.

Edit:

Tried it and it worked ! thanks, that is it flashed it ok
    Code:
    sending 'boot' (3346 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'boot'... OKAY

But i now get kernel image is invalid and it boots to fastboot again, will re-download and retry.

Sorry if i am too much of a newb, bought the Slate yesterday and its my first android device ever.
    LuckyCook
    LuckyCook
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not yet
    Job/hobbies : Market Reasearcher
    Male Pisces

Post by LuckyCook Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Will this Kernel work with the 3.1 update?
    gregg
    n00b
    n00b

Post by gregg Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Is there a way to flash a kernel through nvflash? I flashed this kernel through fastboot without making a backup of the original kernel with nvflash (i know...) and now my tablet will sometimes bootloop or boot and freeze and I want to flash another kernel to it to try and get it to stop. Problem is everytime I try and flash the kernel with fastboot it unmounts and remounts when trying to flash and the slate says download error with a code. nvflash mode still works though. So I guess I was wondering if anyone new a work around or if someone could send me their backed up original and I can nvflash it to get it back up and running. Thank you for any future help. Any other options offered would be greatly appreciated as well.
    gregg
    n00b
    n00b

Post by gregg Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:18 pm

*fixed thanks to the guys at g-slate IRC* thanks guys.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:24 pm

LuckyCook wrote:Will this Kernel work with the 3.1 update?

No the old kernel will not work with 3.1! There is a new kernel being worked on and should be released very soon. Enjoy!!
    LuckyCook
    LuckyCook
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not yet
    Job/hobbies : Market Reasearcher
    Male Pisces

Post by LuckyCook Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 pm

deez1234 wrote:
    LuckyCook wrote:Will this Kernel work with the 3.1 update?

No the old kernel will not work with 3.1! There is a new kernel being worked on and should be released very soon. Enjoy!!

Thank you, I just got the new update this morning.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:18 pm

It is official. There will be no further development at the moment because with the 3.1 update we have a locked bootloader. Until we can fix the issue, no more kernels...sorry guys!
    megadeth316
    n00b
    n00b

Post by megadeth316 Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:31 pm

anyone have the 3.1 kernel so i can flash and unbrick my g slate ?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Excellent work guys, can't wait to try it out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:10 am