G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Not Completing App Updates

Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Rooted? : Ha!
    Job/hobbies : www.kingdomofloathing.com
    Female

Not Completing  App Updates Empty Not Completing App Updates

Post by Bete Noire Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:32 pm

[not rooted]

A few days ago my G-Slate decided to not "complete" any app updates. It just appears to be downloading forever. This includes the downlad/installation of a Tegra game. I've been traveling and just thought I wasn't getting a good internet signal, but now I'm home and it is still forever downlading. I've tried turning the device off and on, stopping the updates to then choose one at a time, and even swtiched back and forth from wi-fi to 4G - all to no avail.

Any suggestions? Did I miss a recent system update that all these app updates are for?

confused

ETA: I checked out the other threaads about Marketplace/app issues and just wanted to add that if I go to the app page it doesn't have the option to install (I have done at before) - it is still downloading.

otiasj
    n00b
    n00b

Not Completing  App Updates Empty Re: Not Completing App Updates

Post by otiasj Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:20 pm

I got exactly the same problem since this week (I am also travelling)
    did you manage to solve this?

Thanks
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 pm

It's definitely an issue. I have several apps that do just this. But then most of them download just fine. From what I can figure, i think it's some sort of compatibility issue between the app and honeycomb. Or, it could just be the market f**king up as usual. My advice - try and download the app using Amazon Appstore.
    kalman79
    n00b
    n00b

Post by kalman79 Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:26 pm

It is a bug in the Download Manager. Go to settings, applications, manage applications, all, Download Manager, clear data. Problem fixed.
    jminatl
    n00b
    n00b

Post by jminatl Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 pm

An update for my (stock/unrooted) G-Slate hit this morning that claims to fix it.

System SW update V10p:

"This important system software update includes security fixes, USB game controller support and a fix for an Android Market download problem"

After applying, it has you go clear the data in the Download Manager as per usual. Presumably the problem stays fixed afterwards is the big difference Smile

Doesn't seem to have broken anything obvious applying this one. Also fixed my 3dCamera app which had become unusable.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Interesting...I know the market download/update thing has been an issue for a while. I'm glad they finally got around to fixing it.
    jminatl
    n00b
    n00b

Post by jminatl Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:36 am

Admin wrote:Interesting...I know the market download/update thing has been an issue for a while. I'm glad they finally got around to fixing it.

It was just an annoyance, if you knew how to clear it. If you didn't it made the market unusable for purchasing apps or updating them. Most people however didn't, so it needed fixin'.

The only thing I heard negative about the V10p update is that if you were previously rooted, you would lose root and have to re-root the device.

From my perspective, it improved some things and hurt nothing. Good update. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am