G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Ro6d33zY
darkeminem
Buck Shot
speccx
Admin
drtechy
lockedpc
11 posters

N00B usable guide for rooting G-Slate

lockedpc
    n00b
    n00b

N00B usable guide for rooting G-Slate Empty N00B usable guide for rooting G-Slate

Post by lockedpc Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:46 am

This is verified working for version 3.1

Step 1: Get everything you need.

Hacky

Fastboot

Root.zip

Correct drivers

Android SDK <– all we really need is the “toolkit”

7-ZIP <– you only need this to untar the Hacky file. If you have another means of doing that skip this download.

Step 2: Install everything and it will help to install android sdk in the root of the c:\ drive, however where you choose is up to you, you will need to be able to traverse to that location via command prompt later. So remember the install location

Step 3: Untar the hacky file and move “CR-hacky-recovery-v909.tgz” to the same directory you installed android SDK.

Step 4: Plug in your G-Slate via USB cable , and copy the root.zip file to it’s storage. Start -> Computer -> Removable Disk

Step 5: I have android sdk and hacky file in C:\Android. Open a command prompt (start ->search “cmd” -> enter)

Step 6: You need to change your command prompt to the directory you installed android sdk, so type cd for change directory then Path to file. Here we go “cd c:\android”

Step 6.1: Place your G-Slate into “fastboot mode” you do this by powering off the slate and when powering back on (hold volume up and power) connect your G-Slate to the computer and wait for the fastboot drivers to load. (it should be fast)

Step 7: In our command prompt type “fastboot oem unlock” without the quotes.

Step 8: Now type “fastboot boot CR-hacky-recovery-v909.img” again without quotes.

INFO: If you have flashed a phone using ClockworkMod you will see a familiar site at this point. Now we will navigate the following menus using the volume button to move and the power button to select.

Step 9: Select “install zip from sd card”

Select “choose zip from sd card”

Select ” MEDIA”

Select “root.zip”

Select “Yes – install root.zip”

Step 10: Select “go back” twice then select “reboot sytem now”

hope this helps someone..

links can be found searching google cause I am new...
    drtechy
    n00b
    n00b

N00B usable guide for rooting G-Slate Empty Re: N00B usable guide for rooting G-Slate

Post by drtechy Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 am

Nice guide!
    lockedpc
    n00b
    n00b

N00B usable guide for rooting G-Slate Empty Re: N00B usable guide for rooting G-Slate

Post by lockedpc Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:56 am

Thanks Laughing Once I am past the 7 day probation period in which you cannot post links, I plan to upload those links to help people find the correct files and clean up the format too!! I just found alot of the other guides I saw to have a ton missing or were very confusing. a few asked for more detailed instructions and were denied because of the time.. so I figured I would take a little and hopefully help someone out. Thanks for your support
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Excellent work!! Stickied and announced!
    speccx
    speccx
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : no
    Job/hobbies : SCUBA,drinking beer and watching japanese women
    Male

Post by speccx Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:45 am

my only question is will this work with the LC-06c?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Good question, not sure if it's been tested on one of those yet. Head on over to the IRC channel and ask one of the devs, I'm sure they could answer that.
    Buck Shot
    Buck Shot
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Buck Shot Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:49 pm

my SDK is not working and everytime i run commands i get an error stating im missing a certain windows file for adb. I just deleted and reinstalled SDK, java, and a bunch of google drivers and im getting nothing

The program cant start becasue AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Run program as administrator.
    Buck Shot
    Buck Shot
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Buck Shot Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:17 pm

figured out the problem. i usually run c:\androidsdk/tools......the file that was missing is apparently in the /platform-tools folder so i had to change paths and im good to go
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Ah, yes they changed the folders around in the newer versions of sdk, have to be careful of that. That problem was messing me up when trying to set the $PATH in Ubuntu...lol.
    lockedpc
    n00b
    n00b

N00B usable guide for rooting G-Slate Empty Links for download files

Post by lockedpc Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:44 pm

darkeminem
    n00b
    n00b

Post by darkeminem Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 am

thanks for the guide but I think it needs a little bit more noob information, im assuming your using windows for this? will windows 7 work or linux only? is there a video anywhere of this? thanks for any help
    Buck Shot
    Buck Shot
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Buck Shot Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:24 pm

I used windows 7 with no prob. As far as i inow there is no video. Id make one but id messed it up...lol
    lockedpc
    n00b
    n00b

Post by lockedpc Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:33 pm

It does work with windows 7.. I have not tried this method with linux. I also have not seen any video's if you have a good piece of software for screen capture I can make one if you wish.
    Ro6d33zY
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Ro6d33zY Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:34 am

Can someone please help me??? I get an error everytime I type the Fastboot Oem Unlock..... It says that Fastboot isnt recognized as a command, but I installed everything thats needed...
    Also when I enter Fastboot mode on the Tablet itself, Im just on a black screen that says "starting fastboot usb download prtocol"...
    Ive rooted my DX and DX2 and am very familiar with rooting and romming, but this got me stumped....
    CharleyKJ
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Of Course
    Job/hobbies : karaoke
    Male Pisces

Post by CharleyKJ Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:37 am

Ro6d33zY wrote:Can someone please help me??? I get an error everytime I type the Fastboot Oem Unlock..... It says that Fastboot isnt recognized as a command, but I installed everything thats needed...
    Also when I enter Fastboot mode on the Tablet itself, Im just on a black screen that says "starting fastboot usb download prtocol"...
    Ive rooted my DX and DX2 and am very familiar with rooting and romming, but this got me stumped....

Did you install the LG drivers specifically for the G Slate, possibly the computer isn't seeing it
    lockedpc
    n00b
    n00b

Post by lockedpc Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:28 pm

lockedpc wrote:It does work with windows 7.. I have not tried this method with linux. I also have not seen any video's if you have a good piece of software for screen capture I can make one if you wish.
    Make sure in your command prompt you are in the correct directory where you have android sdk. Installed. Also run the command prompt as administrator if need be.
    Ro6d33zY
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Ro6d33zY Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah, I went to the right directory, I followed the steps above, I even made a new folder, so the directory is c:\Android........
    I haven't tried to Run Command Prompt as an administrator, but all other commands are working properly.....
    I'm so bummed out, it just keeps telling me that Fastboot Oem Unlock isn't a Command....
    I was so excited that I could finally Root my Tablet :-( ..... If anyone could please get me through this I would even be happy enuf to throw 20 bucks into a PayPal account for you!!!
    CharleyKJ
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Of Course
    Job/hobbies : karaoke
    Male Pisces

Post by CharleyKJ Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Ro6d33zY wrote:Yeah, I went to the right directory, I followed the steps above, I even made a new folder, so the directory is c:\Android........
    I haven't tried to Run Command Prompt as an administrator, but all other commands are working properly.....
    I'm so bummed out, it just keeps telling me that Fastboot Oem Unlock isn't a Command....
    I was so excited that I could finally Root my Tablet :-( ..... If anyone could please get me through this I would even be happy enuf to throw 20 bucks into a PayPal account for you!!!

maybe just by chance do you have another data cable? stranger things have happened
    sounds like you are doing everything else correctly

(edit) also make sure you are using the correct version of fastboot.exe
    casterboink
    n00b
    n00b

Post by casterboink Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:44 pm

speccx wrote:my only question is will this work with the LC-06c?

This works on Optimus Pad L-06C, I can verify I have the same one.
    casterboink
    n00b
    n00b

Post by casterboink Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Ro6d33zY wrote:Yeah, I went to the right directory, I followed the steps above, I even made a new folder, so the directory is c:\Android........

Its important that you run command prompt as an administrator.
    lockedpc
    n00b
    n00b

Post by lockedpc Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:01 am

Ro6d33zY - I don't want any money this is just fun for me. if you have skype, aim or want to do gotoassist.com I can try to help you. I am fairly busy until friday evening in which case I could set a time and we could walk through it. PM me if you want to do this. I will try what I can to help.

Thanks
    speccx
    speccx
    n00b
    n00b

Male

Post by speccx Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:47 am

casterboink wrote:

and you are able to keep your docomo 3G?
    casterboink
    n00b
    n00b

Post by casterboink Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm

speccx wrote:
    casterboink wrote:

Actually I bought my Optimus pad without contract on amazon. If you want to make sure back-up your APN settings, I think you can find a program in the android market. Or copy it under Wireless&Networks-> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names.

Are you already on 3.1? If yes, this method will just put the superuser.apk in /system/app. So no changes will happen to your other files or system settings.
    speccx
    speccx
    n00b
    n00b

Male

Post by speccx Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:18 pm

casterboink wrote:
    speccx wrote:
    casterboink wrote:

Actually I bought my Optimus pad without contract on amazon. If you want to make sure back-up your APN settings, I think you can find a program in the android market. Or copy it under Wireless&Networks-> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names.

Are you already on 3.1? If yes, this method will just put the superuser.apk in /system/app. So no changes will happen to your other files or system settings.
    thanks for you reply......stay warm, its getting cold here, will try to root after the bonenkais end......all20 of them Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am