G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Bricked G-Slate after most recent update

sikety
    n00b
    n00b

Bricked G-Slate after most recent update Empty Bricked G-Slate after most recent update

Post by sikety Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I have managed to get myself into a bit of a situation and am not quite sure how to get out of it. I got a notification this morning for a small update that is supposed to fix the problem with apps not updating properly and a few other small things. Not thinking I clicked okay to install even though I am rooted. The update started then an image of the Android guy lying on his back popped up and it got stuck there. I let it sit for about 30 minutes just incase then tried doing a reset. It goes directly into clockwork mod after flashing "booting recovery kernel image" across the top of the screen in small yellow text. I cant get into flashboot mode, only the MDB mode where is says "Do not power down, downloading NOW..." I let it sit there for at least a half hour as well with no success.

Since I have access to clockwork mod I have tried the following things with no success

Factory Wipe
    Loading old stable nandroid backup
    Loading bootloader.zip
    loading root.zip

It just goes right back to clockwork mod once I try to reset again. If anyone has an suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

-Matt
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Bricked G-Slate after most recent update Empty Re: Bricked G-Slate after most recent update

Post by moabizzi Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:48 pm

i got the update aswell, and i was rooted too. it did its thing and everything booted up fine for me thou. thank god. i havent tried a root checker yet, but i'll see later on if im still rooted, i think i should be. but to help you out,

go to webchat.freenode.net

enter a nickname:
    Channels: #g-slate
    put the onscreen human confirmation thin in and hit connect.

post your question up there and ask devs for any ideas.

the smartest ppl working on the GSlate are on there and would be your best chance. you could call up TMo or LG and bitch/complain and see if you can get a new slate or refund, since it was from them.

good luck man, and post everything back up here cause im sure others are having the issue.
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Bricked G-Slate after most recent update Empty Re: Bricked G-Slate after most recent update

Post by moabizzi Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:37 pm

unfortunately i lost my root access to the Slate aswell. kinda blows since it was a mandatory update. hopefully you can still get it back afterwards.
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Post by moabizzi Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 pm

i was going through the G-Slate wiki today and found this. hopefully it helps.

code.google.com/p/lg-v909/wiki/Unlock_boot
    Ryan79
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Ryan79 Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Mine won't install the update... get the android with the moving gears, then goes to the "!" android... sits like that for about 15 minutes, then reboots. Two days later it tries to push the update again, and same result lol
    moabizzi
    moabizzi
    n0vice
    n0vice

Male Leo

Post by moabizzi Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:22 pm

i was reading on the other forum that it could be an issue with the "LGEsystemService".

rootzwiki.com/topic/20590-lg-g-slate-v10p-update/

thats the cool guy forum, i think most of the mods from here, dipped out to there. i troll both forums to see how everything is going development wise and what not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm