G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

How do I "speed" up my LG Tablet?

lawrbaby
    n00b
    n00b

How do I "speed" up my LG Tablet? Empty How do I "speed" up my LG Tablet?

Post by lawrbaby Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi there
    Got my G-slate last week
    Love it, and love the speed!
    At work, have a very fast WiFi
    But the last couple of days, load time seems slower

Any comments, any suggestions?

Thanks guys and gals ( if there are any gals!)

lawrence

Hi Yoshi from Tampa USF!!!!!
    Nomad
    n00b
    n00b

How do I "speed" up my LG Tablet? Empty Re: How do I "speed" up my LG Tablet?

Post by Nomad Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 am

The fastest (and safest) way to speed it up is to sell it and buy a Xoom.

The problem is the OS and not the hardware. If you can wait until the 3.1 root becomes available, then you could overclock the processor.

Don't get me wrong - I love the G-slate. I just wish LG/TMO would get together and release 3.2 for it already. I had 3.2 on my Xoom before the G-Slate was updated to 3.1.
    lawrbaby
    n00b
    n00b

How do I "speed" up my LG Tablet? Empty LG Optimus pad 3.1 or 3.2 android update?

Post by lawrbaby Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks Nomad

I am actually using a LG Optimus pad, as I got it from LG head office in Canada

Same pad, different name.........

We don't have the 3.1 update yet, still running 3.0
    Nomad
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Nomad Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Man - that's miserable. I bought the Xoom first (after buying a 7" Galaxy Tab) and thought it was pretty cool. I had played with the Optimus Pad (And the Optimus 3D) at Mobile World Congress in February, so I knew that I wanted that device more than the Xoom.

I stood outside the TMO store and waited for their door to open the day the G-Slate launched - and could not have been happier. I came back to the office and loaned out the Xoom in order to play with my new baby. When the 3.1 update came out, I grabbed the Xoom back and have not let it go ever since. It is SOOOO much faster than the G-Slate now, it isn't funny. My G-Slate (even with the 3.1 update), now sits on my desk waiting for 3.2, so that I can go back to using it.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:52 pm

I've noticed when I am using ADW.EX launcher that my G-Slate runs much smoother. Try it out and let me know what you think. You can try the free version here: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.adw.launcher&feature=search_result
    lawrbaby
    n00b
    n00b

Post by lawrbaby Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Thanks guys!
    Love chatting on your forum!
    So you are all saying when the 3.1 3.2 update finally comes the pad will be quicker
    True?
    Lawrence
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:52 pm

The 3.1 update made my G-Slate quicker for sure. If we ever see 3.2 i'm assuming we will see some sort of performance enhancements. We haven't heard a word yet whether or not 3.2 will be pushed to us. Hopefully you get the 3.1 update soon though because like I said previously it did help my tablet out a good bit.
    Nomad
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Nomad Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:13 pm

My Xoom sped up going from 3.1-3.2 - and since both devices are running the same hardware (for the most part) - it stands to reason that the G-Slate will speed up (if) it gets the 3.2 update....
    lawrbaby
    n00b
    n00b

Post by lawrbaby Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:59 pm

thanks guys,lookin forward to 3.1!!!!

lawrence

p.s. have a geat weekend

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:25 pm