G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2?

Poll

DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2 AS WELL?

[ 0 ]
    DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2? Bar_left0%DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2? Bar_left0%DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2? Bar_left100%DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2? Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 1
    lawrbaby
    n00b
    n00b

DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2? Empty DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2?

Post by lawrbaby Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:39 pm

HI EVERYONE
    IF I HAVE MY LG OPTIMUS PAD ROOTED/MOD
    WILL IT ALLOW ME TO GET 3.1 ( WHICH YOU GUYS HAVE IN THE U.S, STILL NOT IN CANADA)
    OR CAN I ALSO GET 3.2 THAT IS ALREADY ON THE HTC OR THE ACER ICONIA?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

ALSO, IF I ROOT THE TABLET WILL IT MESS IT UP?
    CAUSE, IT RUNS WELL RIGHT NOW, BUT EVERYONE I SPEAK TO SAYS THAT 3.1 IS SO MUCH FASTER THAN 3.0!!!

THANKS
    LAWRENCE
    drezman
    n00b
    n00b

DOES ROOTING THE TABLET ENABLE ACCESS TO 3.1 OR 3.2? Empty I wouldn't...

Post by drezman Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:52 pm

What network are you on? I'm with rogers in Canada and I rooted and upgraded to 3.1 using the instructions and upgrade rom from the google code site. I've noticed a fairly decent speed improvement over.3.0.1. The problem is, the rom is for the t-mobile g-slate not the rogers optimus pad, and t-mobile and rogers apparently use a different umts frequency, meaning I can't get an hsdpa connection. Right now I'm stuck with a slow as hell edge connection, no way to fix it and no way to go back to 3.0.1. (And probably no way to flash a rogers 3.1 update, if they ever happen to make one) so my advice would be to avoid upgrading!
    I can however confirm that the rooting method on the google code site worked just fine for me, without affecting my 3g/h connection, or causing any other problems.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:31 pm