G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
deez1234
Whitestfilipina
shr00m
7 posters

[MOD] CRT Anim + Desktop UA String + SIP + SMS

shr00m
    n00b
    n00b

[MOD] CRT Anim + Desktop UA String + SIP + SMS Empty [MOD] CRT Anim + Desktop UA String + SIP + SMS

Post by shr00m Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:40 pm

I've copied the work done by sangreal06 over at xda so that it will work on our g-slates. You can check out a full description of this mod at his thread here.

The G-SLATE version of his mod can be downloaded here

In short, this mod will
    1. let your browser view the full desktop version of sites
    2. enable access to the built-in SIP client to make internet calls
    3. Allows you to send SMS messages from your g-slate's number, but so far I still can't seem to receive messages (YMMV), you'll need to download an SMS app to use this like handcent
    4. enables the phone app so you can make calls from your g-slate's phone number, but so far mic + speakers aren't working. However I still found this useful for sending short service codes to my operator via the dialer
    5. Cool CRT animation when you lock your screen

This is a DANGEROUS mod to install, if anything goes wrong you will end up with a boot loop. Therefore I strongly urge you to make a backup of your system partition before installing. If you've rooted your g-slate then you already have nvflash and bootloader.bin. To make a backup, power on your g-slate while holding down both volume keys to go into APX mode and do:

Code:
    ./nvflash –bl bootloader.bin –getpartitiontable ptable.txt
    ./nvflash -r –read 8 system.img

in case something goes wrong you can always restore by going back into APX mode and doing

Code:
    ./nvflash -r –download 8 system.img
    ./nvflash -r –sync
    and press the reset button under the sim cover to reboot.

The way I installed this mod is as follows:

Code:
    adb push framework-res-gslate-modified.apk /sdcard/
    adb shell
    su -
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    dd if=/sdcard/framework-res-gslate-modified.apk of=/system/framework/framework-res.apk
    at this point the g-slate will automatically reboot with the new features.
    Whitestfilipina
    n00b
    n00b

[MOD] CRT Anim + Desktop UA String + SIP + SMS Empty Re: [MOD] CRT Anim + Desktop UA String + SIP + SMS

Post by Whitestfilipina Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Can we try this without ADB? i am using Ubuntu or just Windows. Someone help with these steps???
    thanks guys
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

[MOD] CRT Anim + Desktop UA String + SIP + SMS Empty Re: [MOD] CRT Anim + Desktop UA String + SIP + SMS

Post by deez1234 Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Very cool to see someone trying to expand the development community. Looks like some great features.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Great work. Added XDA thread to bit.ly bundle.
    Whitestfilipina
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Whitestfilipina Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 pm

so........is this possible to do without ADB?

shr00m
    n00b
    n00b

Post by shr00m Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Whitestfilipina wrote:so........is this possible to do without ADB?

yes you can do it without ADB... just download the file onto your g-slate and run the same commands in the Terminal emulator (available from the market):

Code:

su -
    dd if=/sdcard/Download/framework-res-gslate-modified.apk of=/system/framework/framework-res.apk

just make sure if= in the dd command points to the correct location of the file you downloaded.
    shr00m
    n00b
    n00b

Post by shr00m Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Admin wrote:Great work. Added XDA thread to bit.ly bundle.

careful... the files attached in the XDA thread will work only on the xoom, not on the gslate... don't want anyone to brick their device thinking that's a gslate thread.

this is also a nice chance to remind everyone to make sure they have a nvflash backup like described above in case anything goes wrong.
    Whitestfilipina
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Whitestfilipina Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:38 pm

awe thanks for the quick response Shr00m .....im gonna try it now wish me luck!
    Whitestfilipina
    n00b
    n00b

[MOD] CRT Anim + Desktop UA String + SIP + SMS Empty worked!

Post by Whitestfilipina Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:24 am

Using Terminal Emulator was brilliant! thats what it was, it let me do everything step by step, automatically rebooted and now google voice was able to verify my phone now since it couldnt before but i cant sms. nothing happens. i downloaded Handcent, text sends ...i just don't receive anything...any suggestions?
    dasunsrule32
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : Linux Admin, Networking, Web Admin, anything IT
    Male Capricorn

Post by dasunsrule32 Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 pm

shr00m wrote:
    Whitestfilipina wrote:so........is this possible to do without ADB?

yes you can do it without ADB... just download the file onto your g-slate and run the same commands in the Terminal emulator (available from the market):

Code:

su -
    dd if=/sdcard/Download/framework-res-gslate-modified.apk of=/system/framework/framework-res.apk

just make sure if= in the dd command points to the correct location of the file you downloaded.

You should be able to just cp the new file also. But dd will get the job done also.
    shr00m
    n00b
    n00b

Post by shr00m Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:28 am

If you upgraded your G-Slate to 3.1 then the above framework-res.apk will send you into a boot loop. The correct version to download for 3.1 is here
    Adrixan
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Adrixan Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:48 am

Attention to anyone owning the v900, this will cause the device to get stuck in a boot-loop too!
    skater4690
    n00b
    n00b

Post by skater4690 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Does anyone have the modified frameworkres.apk?? Aparently multiupload was seized by the us government....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am