G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[REWARD] $50 to the 1st person who can SUCCESSFULLY Unlock & Root the G-Slate!!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

[REWARD] $50 to the 1st person who can SUCCESSFULLY Unlock & Root the G-Slate!! Empty [REWARD] $50 to the 1st person who can SUCCESSFULLY Unlock & Root the G-Slate!!

Post by Admin Thu May 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Time to up the ante, methinks.

I have tried my best and stretched my brain just about as far as it can go trying to unlock and root this damn thing. No dice.

So, in order to provide an incentive to speed up development, I am offering a GUARANTEED $50 reward to the first person who can successfully unlock the G-Slate bootloader (and by this I don't mean just typing "fastboot oem unlock" into adb, we already know that doesn't work) AND successfully root it.

In order for your method to be deemed "first", it must be the first method successfully reproduced on at least 2 other G-Slates (including mine). So, what this means is - if you post your method on the forum, and it doesn't work, and then someone else comes along and posts a method that does work - they get the money - unless you go back and edit your method before they can post theirs to begin with. If you edit your method to work after someone else has already posted a successful method, you get nada, even if you posted your original unedited method first.

Sound good? Ok. Get to work. I will be reposting this over on XDA, just fyi. If anyone has any questions about this, just PM me.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

[REWARD] $50 to the 1st person who can SUCCESSFULLY Unlock & Root the G-Slate!! Empty Re: [REWARD] $50 to the 1st person who can SUCCESSFULLY Unlock & Root the G-Slate!!

Post by deez1234 Thu May 05, 2011 10:21 pm

I've used just about all of my knowledge and can't even come close to rooting or unlocking it. I wish we had more devs to work on this. Hopefully your bounty pays off.
    Chandon

[REWARD] $50 to the 1st person who can SUCCESSFULLY Unlock & Root the G-Slate!! Empty Re: [REWARD] $50 to the 1st person who can SUCCESSFULLY Unlock & Root the G-Slate!!

Post by Chandon Fri May 06, 2011 1:38 am

deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Fri May 06, 2011 6:14 am

Sweet can't wait to do this when I get off work!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Fri May 06, 2011 8:04 am

AWESOME. I'm going to try it this afternoon when I get off work. Deez if you could please PM me your results after you try it I'd appreciate it. Chandon if both of us can get it to work I'll send you a PM asking where you want your check mailed. Smile
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Fri May 06, 2011 8:06 am

It turns out I'm off work today so I'm about to try now. Ill definitely let you know how it goes Bling.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Fri May 06, 2011 9:08 am

It is confirmed working Bling. It was very easy on Linux, but I'm not sure how it will work on Windows 7. I now have root access and I'm damn excited about it. Now what we need is a working recovery!! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:06 am