G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
vina88
12Gage
G-Yoshi
roadstar99
GSL
Mi|enko
deez1234
Admin
carsenj
13 posters

LG Dock

carsenj
    carsenj
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : You know the kind of guy that apparently is only funny to himself.
    Job/hobbies : IT, Cars, Tech
    Male Virgo

LG Dock - Page 2 Empty Re: LG Dock

Post by carsenj Mon May 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Its nice to just have it hooked up to the tv and be able to just throw it in the dock to llisten to pandora or watch a movie.
    vina88
    vina88
    n00b
    n00b

Post by vina88 Mon May 23, 2011 4:52 pm

How can we get discount for this dock. 69.99$. We must thingking about that money. If we have discount, that's perfect hiiiiii.
    Cheers
    roadstar99
    roadstar99
    n00b
    n00b

Post by roadstar99 Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:35 am

Ok I thought of a good reason to get one... I can keep it at home hooked up to my TV and use it charge from home. It will be a lot easier and then I can sit on my couch and use my candyboard bluetooth keyboard with built in touch pad.... I am getting the dock in the mail today. Also check out that candyboard keyboard. It is pretty slick... small ... back lit keyboard... link to see the keyboard below...

http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-CANDYBOARD-Bluetooth-Wireless-900335/dp/B004FI841K
    roadstar99
    roadstar99
    n00b
    n00b

Post by roadstar99 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 am

roadstar99 wrote:Ok I thought of a good reason to get one... I can keep it at home hooked up to my TV and use it charge from home. It will be a lot easier and then I can sit on my couch and use my candyboard bluetooth keyboard with built in touch pad.... I am getting the dock in the mail today. Also check out that candyboard keyboard. It is pretty slick... small ... back lit keyboard... link to see the keyboard below...

http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-CANDYBOARD-Bluetooth-Wireless-900335/dp/B004FI841K

Well I got the dock and I have to say it is really nice... I have it setup next to my TV at home and just plop it in at night to charge or whenever I want to stream anything to my TV... Nothing better than watching baby monkey on a pig on a 65" TV!!! Like some one earlier said make sure you put the protective plate on the G-Slate for the HDMI connector.
    Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Rooted? : Ha!
    Job/hobbies : www.kingdomofloathing.com
    Female

Post by Bete Noire Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:15 am

dammit2hell wrote:I called T-Mo on Fri and they said $79.99. Either way, even $69.99 is too damn much in my opinion. I'm going to fashion something out of my kids lego's...haha

I'm wondering, how's that Lego dock working for you? Pics or it didn't happen!

tongue

roadstar99 wrote:Nothing better than watching baby monkey on a pig on a 65" TV!!!

Laughing

That poor pig doesn't look very happy.
    roadstar99
    roadstar99
    n00b
    n00b

Post by roadstar99 Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:41 am

That pig was loving it... odd how the monkey was consistantly getting backwards.... I felt bad that the pig had the monkeys butt in his face....
    carsenj
    carsenj
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : You know the kind of guy that apparently is only funny to himself.
    Job/hobbies : IT, Cars, Tech
    Male Virgo

Post by carsenj Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 am

roadstar99 wrote:Ok I thought of a good reason to get one... I can keep it at home hooked up to my TV and use it charge from home. It will be a lot easier and then I can sit on my couch and use my candyboard bluetooth keyboard with built in touch pad.... I am getting the dock in the mail today. Also check out that candyboard keyboard. It is pretty slick... small ... back lit keyboard... link to see the keyboard below...

So did the blue tooth keyboard end up working with your gslate I've been looking for something to control it remotely and that looks like the perfect solution.
    roadstar99
    roadstar99
    n00b
    n00b

Post by roadstar99 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 am

carsenj wrote:

So did the blue tooth keyboard end up working with your gslate I've been looking for something to control it remotely and that looks like the perfect solution.

Well big bummer... the keyboard does not work like it should. On my Samsung Tab everything worked (track pad etc...) but on the G-Slate the track pad does not work so it limits the useability (sp?)
    roadstar99
    roadstar99
    n00b
    n00b

Post by roadstar99 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:12 am

Also I have a quick question... why is it when I have my G connected to my TV via the dock and HDMI I only get 720P.. my picture is cut off on the screen...
    Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Female

Post by Bete Noire Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:11 pm

rotaryxperiment7
    n00b
    n00b

Post by rotaryxperiment7 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Got my dock today.was hoping it would have an output for externals speakers but no good there. Ipt looks nice though.
    Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Female

Post by Bete Noire Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:58 am

I'm hoping mine arrives today!

Now, don't laugh at me, but does anyone know there something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-RCA-VGA-Cable-1-8ft/dp/B002ZUI68G/ref=pd_sxp_f_r

out there that I can use with my ancient TV that actually works? Specifically one that will connect to this dock?
    thefirebat
    n00b
    n00b

Post by thefirebat Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:20 am

roadstar99 wrote:I am still trying to think of a reason to get one of these?
    Why you ask??? I run emulators via the hdmi with a wiimote so plugging and unplugging will eventually wear out the plug with this dock i just drop it in, pair my wiimote fire up chrono trigger and i'm off!!!
    thefirebat
    n00b
    n00b

Post by thefirebat Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:26 am

roadstar99 wrote:Also I have a quick question... why is it when I have my G connected to my TV via the dock and HDMI I only get 720P.. my picture is cut off on the screen...
    I have similar issues running direct cable too... watching movies I'm not cut off though.. seems to vary from app to app for some reason. Also when running that sweet sounding keyboard did you toggle the input settings from android keyboard to external (If the optioj was present of course) I have to toggle input setting when usong my wiimote for tablet use so just asking... no offense if you knew that already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:12 pm