G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Review of the GizmoDorks Accessory kit from Amazon.com

carsenj
    carsenj
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : You know the kind of guy that apparently is only funny to himself.
    Job/hobbies : IT, Cars, Tech
    Male Virgo

Review of the GizmoDorks Accessory kit from Amazon.com Empty Review of the GizmoDorks Accessory kit from Amazon.com

Post by carsenj Sun May 15, 2011 4:30 am

So I picked up the kit mainly because I wanted the HDMI cable and something sturdy to transport the slate in while traveling. I took a look at the portfolio style cases @ T-Mobile and also on Amazon and didn't like the way they looked. I ended up just getting a slilicone sleeve for the Slate itself and then this kit so I could just throw it in and go. Onto the review.

GizmoDorks Accessory Kit of the LG G-Slate
    The kit includes Shell Case EVA Series (Black), HDMI Cable, and USB Cable with Carabiner Key Chain. All for 17.99 + shipping.

So as you can imagine the HDMI cable and USB cable are your run of the mill cables nothing fancy. Although I do mention the HDMI cable does at least have gold ends (not sure it really makes a difference, but marketing seems to lead you to believe so).

Now the case is pretty cool. Ends up that it is a little wide and I would have preferred it to be a little more snug (more then likely a universal piece). It has about .5" - .75" on each side of the Slate. Although it is pretty snug the other way so it doesn't move a ton, but will if you move the case around fast. Inside it's lined with little material bubbles that help spread an impact of any kind so it's not as concentrated.

As for the carabiner it's simply advertising fluff but hey who doesn't like random geeky key rings. LOL.

All in all for the $20 some dollars I spent on this I couldn't have bought the HDMI cable locally. So as for the value I'd say definitely worth it. Especially if you pair it with the LG dock. Pictures from the Amazon ad are below. I'll try to get some of my own when I get a chance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    G-Yoshi
    G-Yoshi
    standard member
    standard member

Rooted? : When i fig
    Job/hobbies : Student at South University
    Male Gemini

Review of the GizmoDorks Accessory kit from Amazon.com Empty Re: Review of the GizmoDorks Accessory kit from Amazon.com

Post by G-Yoshi Sun May 15, 2011 4:40 am

17.99???! The insipico(?) Case i got from tmo was 40 bucks! And didnt look that slick. Though i would like to see what the silicone sleeve feels like, mine is pretty sturday and doubles as a multi-angle..d stand. Ill post pics tomorrow
    carsenj
    carsenj
    n00b
    n00b

Male Virgo

Review of the GizmoDorks Accessory kit from Amazon.com Empty Re: Review of the GizmoDorks Accessory kit from Amazon.com

Post by carsenj Sun May 15, 2011 4:42 am

Yea I went with the silicon sleeve because the Incipio was white. I like that the Incipio has the kickstand integrated but I really don't see myself using it all that often and if need be I can just use my dock. As for the sturdiness of the sleeve it really isn't. It's more for scratch protection. The corners are thicker and reinforced but as far as the back it it pretty thin. But hey it was only $9.99 + shipping.
    G-Yoshi
    G-Yoshi
    standard member
    standard member

Rooted? : When i fig
    Job/hobbies : Student at South University
    Male Gemini

Post by G-Yoshi Sun May 15, 2011 4:48 am

Hmm, my incipio is black, looks likea little leather breifcase.
    carsenj
    carsenj
    n00b
    n00b

Male Virgo

Post by carsenj Sun May 15, 2011 5:13 am

G-Yoshi wrote:Hmm, my incipio is black, looks likea little leather breifcase.

Ah you got the leatherette portfolio style case that turns into the a frame thing. That one was better looking for sure. Incipio also make an Otterbox style case made out of a rubber/silicon material. It can be found on their website Incipio Case/Stand. They made this exact case for the Galaxy tab 7" but it was all black. Totally would have bought it if that was the case for the Slate.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Sun May 15, 2011 2:21 pm

I was so close to buying this kit. I think I still may when I get some more cash. I really need that damn mini HDMI to HDMI cable so I can test this bad boy out on my TV.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Sun May 15, 2011 4:10 pm

I saw this on Gizmodorks...if I hadn't already bought the case-stand and already owned like 5 HDMI cables, I may have gotten this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:52 pm