G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
deez1234
Chandon
Admin
7 posters

Rooting the G-Slate with Ubuntu wubi

arnold88
    n00b
    n00b

Rooting the G-Slate with Ubuntu wubi - Page 3 Empty Yes it works, but you need the libraries

Post by arnold88 Thu May 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Went throught the same agony (and ecstacy) as many of you - and got my machines's freedom - ITS ROOTED!

Here's my layout. Windows 7 x64 machine with VMWare workstation installed. Created a virtual machine with Ubuntu x32. Most importantly, search for and installed as many of the additional libraries as noted in this thread. Also had the APX drivers, etc. working and installed.

Before installing the extra Ubuntu libraries, it was pure hell and I had many of the same problems as many of you. Nflash would just stop, not execute at all, etc. etc. Then everytime this happened, I'd have to reset the G-slate again - seems you only get one shot to get things right.

Then I installed the extra libraries in Ubuntu. 15-20 minutes and I was done - rooted. Entered most of the commands by hand. So the procedure works. That's my story - hope it helps.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:03 am