G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hardware key combo needed to access a stock recovery mode

Bete Noire
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Rooted? : Ha!
    Job/hobbies : www.kingdomofloathing.com
    Female

Hardware key combo needed to access a stock recovery mode Empty Hardware key combo needed to access a stock recovery mode

Post by Bete Noire Mon May 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Looking for a hardware key combo to access a stock recovery mode....

What the Tmobile Rep-bot told Deez -

[20:55] <@Deez1234> Cristina: It it has a recover mode to flash roms to the tablet unfortunately we do not support that. Information would need to be check with google.
    [20:55] <@Deez1234> Guest: Im speaking of the stock recovery
    [20:55] <@Deez1234> Cristina: The reason why this is so is because flashing a device or rooting a device may damage it
    [20:55] <@Deez1234> Guest: I understand
    [21:03] <@Deez1234> Cristina: Unfortunately U found out that in case there is not any update available yet, reason why I was unable to find instruction on hard key sequence to get it on a software update mode. Usually we get the instructions when the software update is released.
    [21:03] <+Bete> Meep.
    [21:04] <@Deez1234> Well that was a failure

Posted the question over on the LG forum as well:

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/t-mobile/topics/recovery-mode-question
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Hardware key combo needed to access a stock recovery mode Empty Re: Hardware key combo needed to access a stock recovery mode

Post by deez1234 Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Well Bete, the LG rep responded and said he/she will look into a key combo for recovery mode. Hopefully its not bs!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Hardware key combo needed to access a stock recovery mode Empty Re: Hardware key combo needed to access a stock recovery mode

Post by Admin Wed May 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Good going guys. I kinda figured T-Mob would be no help...but hopefully the LG guy comes through. If we could ever find a way to unlock the damn bootloader and get into recovery, that would seriously put the G-Slate on the map in developer land.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Wed May 18, 2011 7:37 pm

You got that right. Only time will tell I suppose.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

I wonder if there is some sort of program that we can use to test large numbers of possible hardware unlock codes? Sorta like one of those password cracker programs the hackers use. If so, we might be able to modify it to run on the G-Slate.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Wed May 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Not a bad idea but what would be our best route to find someone willing to create something like this?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Wed May 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Good question. I have a few, ah, interesting contacts that I know work in this field. I might be able to enlist their help...
    belkrem
    n00b
    n00b

Post by belkrem Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:01 am

I sent a message to Clockwork mod to see if he well help make a recovery for the G-Slate the problem is from what i can tell the G-Slate has no stock recovery just some weird downloader mode if you press volume down + reset. Maybe this partition can be overwritten with clockwork mod
    deez1234
    deez1234

Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:30 am

I believe that's what they did with the G2X. I think someone should give it a shot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm