G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Rooting the G-slate soon???

Whitestfilipina
    n00b
    n00b

Rooting the G-slate soon??? Empty Rooting the G-slate soon???

Post by Whitestfilipina Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Someone please root the G-slate Sad no one even in the XDA forums have brought it up Sad
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Rooting the G-slate soon??? Empty Re: Rooting the G-slate soon???

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 am

Whitestfilipina wrote:Someone please root the G-slate Sad no one even in the XDA forums have brought it up Sad

I'm not an expert on rooting but I do know the basics, so I'm going to try and root mine just as soon as it arrives in the mail.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    Whitestfilipina
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Whitestfilipina Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:26 pm

thank you! im pretty good at it but not really an expert, i have tried Easyroot, and some other options but cannot get it to root, i got it to brick once lol but got it unbricked after rebooting 10,000 times lol. I just don't understand how no one has even got this process, the XDA peoples are freaken brilliant. i just have no patience bounce
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:00 pm

One guy tried it over at XDA...no luck but he did manage to get into fastboot.

LINK
    GhostWriter
    GhostWriter
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Dry
    Job/hobbies : Legal Web Initiatives
    Male Capricorn

Post by GhostWriter Sun May 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Admin wrote:One guy tried it over at XDA...no luck but he did manage to get into fastboot.

LINK

Yes, I have been working on that thread as well (I am hourst2 on XDA). I have tried to root using the GingerBreak/Acer Honeycomb/z4 Root methods. I am looking at the Rage in the Cage rooting process, but I do not know much about it and it requires an unmounted SD card and the G-Slate storage is hacky and weird, so I am a little timid to mess with it. I will work on it some more today.

Up above (sorry did not grab the name) someone stated that they bricked and got out by resetting--What was the method used so we can avoid later?

To get into Fastboot just turn of the Slate and power it on holding Vol+ and power at the same time, then when it powers on let go of the power button, but keep holding the Vol+ button until it tells you it is logging into Fastboot, then run cmd prompt from computer (sdk) and type in fastboot devices and it should show up. You can type in 'fastboot oem unlock' and it will say ok, but it is not unlocking the bootloader. Fastboot says ok for all commands. The bootloader is locked. To what level and how I do not know yet. I have contacted LG, but am waiting on a response.
    Whitestfilipina
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Whitestfilipina Sun May 01, 2011 3:28 pm

to get it out of brick mode, i pressed the RESET button on the back with a needle, (located under sim card cover) then turned it around and held the Volume - down and the power button, I did that 4x the first time and it finally worked and then 3x when it happened again and it worked. good luck!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Mon May 02, 2011 8:50 am

GhostWriter wrote:

Up above (sorry did not grab the name) someone stated that they bricked and got out by resetting--What was the method used so we can avoid later?

To get into Fastboot just turn of the Slate and power it on holding Vol+ and power at the same time, then when it powers on let go of the power button, but keep holding the Vol+ button until it tells you it is logging into Fastboot, then run cmd prompt from computer (sdk) and type in fastboot devices and it should show up. You can type in 'fastboot oem unlock' and it will say ok, but it is not unlocking the bootloader. Fastboot says ok for all commands. The bootloader is locked. To what level and how I do not know yet. I have contacted LG, but am waiting on a response.

Apparently if you hold volume up and down while pressing the power button the device enters into a bricked state. Read that over at xda. I tried rooting last night using a method that workt on the LG optimus. Epic fail. Right now I'm stumped...gonna do some more research and look at the source code available at lg.com later.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Thu May 05, 2011 8:11 pm

I feel like this video is appropriate for our current situation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 am