G-Slate Fans! Unofficial Forums of the LG G-Slate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

GizmoDorks Faux Leather Case-Stand

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

GizmoDorks Faux Leather Case-Stand Empty GizmoDorks Faux Leather Case-Stand

Post by Admin Tue May 10, 2011 3:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is a pretty cool looking case with a built in stand. I ordered one for myself. Comes with a carabiner keychain as well...not sure why...don't think anyone would want to attach their tablet to their keys but whatever.

Here's the LINK
    GSL
    GSL
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not Yet..
    Job/hobbies : Lab Tech
    Male Libra

GizmoDorks Faux Leather Case-Stand Empty Re: GizmoDorks Faux Leather Case-Stand

Post by GSL Wed May 11, 2011 10:54 am

I have this case and it's pretty awesome for it's price. Love the stand feature and the cables that came with are decent.
    Spridell
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Spridell Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 pm

I was thinking about getting this case.

I read somewhere though that it is really designed for the 10 inch tablets and there is a lot of extra space in the case.

Is that true?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Fri May 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Don't know. Mine's supposed to arrive in the mail next week, so I'll let you know.
    Spridell
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Spridell Fri May 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Admin wrote:Don't know. Mine's supposed to arrive in the mail next week, so I'll let you know.

Ok thanks. Let us know.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male Scorpio

Post by Admin Wed May 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Well, it finally arrived in the mail. And let me tell you - I'm not impressed. This thing was obviously made for the Xoom, not the G-Slate, as there is about an inch and a half of room on either side. The "faux leather" feels more like soft rubber. And the stand is barely usable; if you press just the slightest bit too hard on your G-Slate, it will come crashing down. And with a silicone skin/cover on, the stand becomes completely unusable.

This is obviously one of these products that is "universal" in nature. By universal, I mean that it works with a variety of similar devices, but only works WELL with a select few (in this case, the Xoom).

I give this product 2 stars. It gets the job done - mostly - but leaves a lot to be desired.
    deez1234
    deez1234

Rooted? : Duh.
    Job/hobbies : Construction, Tech, Games, Movies
    Male Scorpio

Post by deez1234 Wed May 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Well thanks for taking one for the team. Sorry about the crappy product.
    GSL
    GSL
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : Not Yet..
    Job/hobbies : Lab Tech
    Male Libra

Post by GSL Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Admin wrote:Well, it finally arrived in the mail. And let me tell you - I'm not impressed. This thing was obviously made for the Xoom, not the G-Slate, as there is about an inch and a half of room on either side. The "faux leather" feels more like soft rubber. And the stand is barely usable; if you press just the slightest bit too hard on your G-Slate, it will come crashing down. And with a silicone skin/cover on, the stand becomes completely unusable.

This is obviously one of these products that is "universal" in nature. By universal, I mean that it works with a variety of similar devices, but only works WELL with a select few (in this case, the Xoom).

I give this product 2 stars. It gets the job done - mostly - but leaves a lot to be desired.

I must say I disagree with you on this case, their is an inch or so of play on the sides, but the case does fit the G slate snugly and the device does not move at all in the case. I see the space as extra protection for absorbing shocks if you drop or bump something. The silicone skins for the G slate are bulky, try a skinomi full body kit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 pm